Bringing a new baby into the world is a beautiful and magical event. However, new mothers and babies can sometimes experience challenges with breastfeeding.
Ashley Pediatrics is here to assist and provide support for your breastfeeding goals. We also provide education about the benefits of breastfeeding.
Best for Baby
The American Academy of Pediatrics and the World Health Organization recognize the following benefits in breastfed babies:
- The risk of ear infections is reduced 50%.
- The risk of serious colds, ear, and throat infections are reduced by 63%.
- The risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) is reduced by 36%.
- The risk of clinical asthma and eczema are reduced by 27%.
- The risk of inflammatory bowel disease is reduced by 31%.
- The risk of obesity is reduced by 15-30%.
- The risk of Type 1 diabetes is reduced up to 30%.
Best for Mother
The American Academy of Pediatrics and the World Health Organization recognize the following benefits for mothers who breastfeed:
- There is decreased blood loss after delivery. The uterus also returns to its pre-pregnancy size more rapidly.
- Mothers return to their pre-pregnancy weight sooner.
- Mothers who breastfeed for at least 12 months have a significant reduction in the risk of getting high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart problems, and diabetes.
Mothers who breastfeed for at least 12 months have a 28% reduction in the risk of getting breast cancer and ovarian cancer.